Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dark Angels : 2000 point BFS list




The time is finally upon us...

after some fierce months of play testing, assembling, painting.. and.. yeah.. more painting, the BATTLE FOR SALVATION TOURNAMENT if finally here.

I'll be bringing my Dark Angels of course. Chef Todd is going to be bringing his Draigo Wing, Moros will have his Blood Angels Hybrid, and Lemun Ross will be bringing Space Marines (yes I know, it is very sad that he won't have his usual IG, but the entire army got flooded out in the hurricane and needed more repair work than time left before the GT)

I'm out to prove that DA can be more than just a one dimensional Deathwing army.

Here is what i'm thinking.. some brief thoughts after the list in why I like this type of list versus a pure deathwing list.


Knights of Lupus
Brother Cornelius (Jon Sullenberger)
Dark Angels - 2000 points

HQ: Belial (Brother Adso) 130pts
+Lightning Claws

Troops/Elites: Deathwing Terminator Squad 265pts
+2x Lightning Claws
+1x Thunder Hammer Storm Shield + Apothecary (+30pts)
+1x Thunder Hammer Stom Shield + Cylcone (+20pts)
+1x Thunder Hammer Storm Shield

Troops/Elites: Deathwing Terminator Squad 240pts
+1x Lightning Claws
+2x Thunder Hammer Storm Shield
+1x Thunder Hammer Stom Shield + Cylcone (+20pts)
+1x Storm Bolter Chain Fist (+5pts)

Troops/Elites: Deathwing Terminator Squad 240pts
+1x Lightning Claws
+2x Thunder Hammer Storm Shield
+1x Thunder Hammer Stom Shield + Cylcone (+20pts)
+1x Storm Bolter Chain Fist (+5pts)

Troops: 5 man Tactical Squad 140pts
+Sargeant with CCW + pistol
+1x Melta Gun (+10pts)
+Rhino Transport with Xtra Storm Bolter (+35+5=40pts)

Troops: 5 man Tactical Squad 140pts
+Sargeant with CCW + pistol
+1x Melta Gun (+10pts)
+Rhino Transport with Xtra Storm Bolter (+35+5=40pts)

Troops: 5 man Tactical Squad 180pts
+Sargeant with CCW +pistol
+1x Melta Gun (+10pts)
+ Razorback Transport with TL Lascannon (+50+30=80pts)

Fast Attack: Ravenwing Speeder 75pts
+1x Multi-melta
+Cyclone (+10pts)

Fast Attack: Ravenwing Speeder 75pts
+1x Multi-melta
+Cyclone (+10pts)

Fast Attack: Ravenwing Speeder 75pts
+1x Multi-melta
+Cyclone (+10pts)

Heavy: Predator 95pts
+Autocannon
+Heavy Bolter Sponsons (+25pts)

Heavy: Predator 95pts
+Autocannon
+Heavy Bolter Sponsons (+25pts)

Heavy: Land Raider 250pts
+TL Heavy Bolter
+2x TL Lascannons

This list focuses on the power of three. which basically just means I have repetitive units and nothing 'unique' in the army. The only exception being the land raider which i'll discuss here in a bit.

this list gives me 6 scoring units. 3 of which being terminators, 1 of which being the terminator command squad with belial.

I have a scoring unit a razorback for baby sitting a long objective and 2x more in rhinos for mobility and moving in late game.

I have melta guns on all tacticals, yes, please try to ram that land raider at me. and 3x mounted in speeders for a more mobile threat. typhoons on these make these rocket batteries as well.

preds are there for dakka

now.. the land raider.. i've been debating this addition for some time now and I think the right choice was to keep it in the list. i was debating dropping it for 2x dreads with plasma cannons and heavy flamers, but after some vigorous play testing the land raider proved itself to me to be the correct choice because of what it adds to the list..

CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES

The land raider gives me options..

I can deploy a term squad in it for the offensive rush

I can use it as a mobile bunker, sheilding my smaller transports and speeders from my opponent.

I can use it as a firing battery from my rear.

I can use it to block and enemy advance

and.. my favorite,

jump a terminator in it late game for an objective capture.



now.. the army list as a whole....

I hate rock, paper scissors, spock. I hate picking a list based on one decent list that matches up very well against most enemies but then cannot adapt to the third and just gets wiped. I've seen too many deathwing armies that can do well against players that aren't packing anti terminator stuff in their list, but I've seen too many deathwing armies drop because they just can't adapt to the rest of the lists out there.

this army is built around being able to pack a punch at range, in close combat, and with enough mobility to be able to capture objectives and threaten table quarters as well. nothing in this army is stellar. it can't stand alone. but together, they pack quite a punch.



so that's it.. that's what i'm rolling with.

what do you guys think?


there will be a whole host of battle reports and commentary following the tournament.. but.. that's to follow, time for me to get packing... literally.

-Brother C.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck.
    I hope you place high in the rankings and represent the club with a strong showing

    ReplyDelete

Followers